1. What can your present and potential employees be sure of from a work culture perspective in the organization?
Cohesion, inclusiveness and a happy environment are the tenets that form the foundation of our work culture. Our aim is to continually enable and empower each member of the Indiabulls team. Those who have been a part of the organisation, and those that are currently a part of the journey, have surely benefited from opportunities that have allowed them to learn, grow and evolve as professionals.
IBH has cultivated an environment that can prove to be the catalyst in a successful career. Keeping our employees engaged and happy forms the primary agenda towards maintaining the optimal work culture. We believe that both past and present employees would attest to experiencing this.
This environment is further enhanced by a leadership team that is extremely approachable, highlighting the open-door culture that we have. They are cognizant of the fact that an organisation’s strength lies in the strength of its employees.
Today IBH is the 2nd largest housing finance company in the country, with a balance sheet of over ₹ 1.3 lakh crore and having served over 1 million customers. Our business numbers are a reflection of the ability of our team, which contributes extensively to achieving each milestone.
2. What, according to you, is a people challenge your industry is facing?
There are two challenges that we would like to highlight here:
Adapting to digital disruption – This has been a challenge across many sectors. Adapting to newer processes and roles is sometimes difficult, as it often calls for the complete reinvention of processes and practices. Adapting to this digital wave requires up-skilling, which enables individuals to multitask and work across all functions.
Unstable Millennial Talent – Millennial talent is eager to learn new things but always hungry to explore newer opportunities. They typically end up choosing short term growth over sustainable growth in their careers. At IBH, we focus on engaging people with proactive Learning & Development initiatives offering opportunities within the organization, and rewarding & recognizing talent across levels. This ensures sustainability as we move towards becoming more efficient, transparent and scalable as an organization.
3. How are you ensuring a consistent workplace experience FOR ALL your employees, irrespective of their role, age, gender, tenure etc. in the organization?
We strongly believe that consistent and distinctive customer experience can only come when an organization’s culture ensures a similar employee experience. Just as it is with our approach to our customers, each employee, irrespective of age, cast, gender or vintage in the company is an equal member of the IBH family.
As with any family, we have prioritised the need to connect, reward across levels and engage on a real-time basis with each member and build strong camaraderie. We have reaped the benefits of engaging regularly with the team by witnessing greater productivity and efficiency.
We complement our personalised interactions with each employee with the optimal use of technology, leveraging both to enhance the engagement experience for the organisation. Some of the efforts taken to provide employees with better experience include:
- Health Check-ups for Women - The entire process being online for ease of use, however giving our employees the best service on the ground for health
- Cancer awareness sessions by renowned oncologists made available to all employees through live streaming
- We have various e-learning modules which we use for our L&D interventions and are we introducing gamified modules to improve learners engagement levels
- Our EAP program which is also tech-enabled encourages employees towards a happier employee experience Corporate Cab Services for our female employees – This process is completely technology driven
- And many more...
We aim to provide our employees with every opportunity to stay updated with what the company’s goals are, whilst ensuring their personal health is also prioritised.
4. How has your association with Great Place to Work® helped your business and strategic goals?
This certification has enabled us to assess and benchmark our people practices against India’s most successful, large-size companies. We are sure the certification will positively impact our Employee value proposition and reinforce trust in our culture and Brand.